Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday meltdown....

Beware...this blog might disappear when I realize I am a big baby.... I know....she is cute. But caused today to be a "Tuesday Meltdown". Yes, that is what we called it today. I was really busy with work and all the kinks are not fixed. If only she would talk and tell people she is upset..but she goes into her "shell" and hides(see Turtle blog).
Without going into details...she caused problems for me at lunch today...I can't leave....she has too...she wont and then cries which, KILLS me. So, she was taken away crying, "I want my mom!"How do I walk away from that...(I don't really want an answer to that!)

So, after I am done with lunch...I go to the playgrounds and then make it over to her recess about 1 1/2 hrs later. I see her on the playground(I expected her in the office)...I worry if she is still upset, she will start again. I hide a little...she saw me and now can't. I see her smile fade...looking for me. I feel terrible and will take any meltdown to see her smile. What kind of monster mother hides from her child....me! I come out from hiding...hold my arms out for a big hug... she sees me, runs and says...with a big smile, " I was looking for your big hat!"

So, that is my big Tuesday meltdown and I am glad for it(don't want them every week...)but, glad I have my favorite day of the week, Tuesday!

ps..."other" kids doing great....love them too!

4 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

That's a tough one. I'm sure it will all work out and get better. It's just going to take some getting used to for all.

Annie Sunshine said...

mmmm...poor Tuesday, and poor mommy! I hope soon it will be part of the routine, and it will just be fun for her to see snippets of you at school.

Ellis Family said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I MISS HER! She needs Ava!!!! :)

jenny said...

week 2...another "tuesday meltdown" still working on her quick tears. Can I have Ava here so she can talk for her????