Monday, November 10, 2008

Tyson's Trip to D.C.


I should let Tyson write about his trip to Washington D.C. Maybe I will, not sure yet. He took many photos. I talked to him almost everyday(thanks Abram). But, I figured the less I knew on this trip at least, the better I was. There are 230 pictures. Most very interesting and very abstract. He took a lot of pictures of building, friends, himself and his food.



Just in case you never knew, Tyson loves to take pictures! He loves the Digital camera and is part of the reason why my photos don't load right...but, he makes me laugh and I don't stay mad very long. Briana is his best friend and together...your sides hurt, because they are so funny. I hope they stay that way, their friendship is hard to find.




Day 1....leaves school, arrives at the Oakland Airport and buys a "soda" and Headphones?! Not too happy about that. I found out that soon only because I had him use a student Visa we had put money on. I was worried he would either spend all his cash or lose it...(I know, then why did I let him go?) Anyway, who buys headphones at the airport? I know he had "zero"plan on this event. He simply saw them, wanted them and the bought them...my fault for sending him without headphones. So, the headphones and soda cost him $27. Hmm, I might get over that someday....




All in all, he had a very good time and loved every minute of it. I was debating on going to pick him up at the airport that night, instead of letting him get a ride with a few people all heading back the same way home. But, figured it was his birthday and I really missed him a lot. I am so glad that I did. He was very happy to be home. I am sure once he got back he missed us, as we did him. Letting him go was hard and it was only a week. I know one day all to soon, he will be off on his own.


Tyson's good friends that made this trip feel like home. I am glad they all got to go and enjoy this trip together!


This was about the only picture he has with him in it, with anything that he saw.
Day 3, Talking with him I realized he was taking tons of pictures.
I reminded him, he would want to be in
some of the pictures he took.

Love you bud! Glad you are home!

2 comments:

ShelbyBehr said...

Looks like he had fun. When I was in 8th grade I took a trip to DC and have fond memories. I have also lived near and worked in DC and it is my favorite big city. I would move there in a minute!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

He is so dang cute. I'm sure he will never forget this and good for you for letting him go.