OK...I didn't really mean it.
After the crying stopped and all was quiet, I thought she was taking me serious and got her work done....she has waited all week, crying that is was "too hard!"
So, I return back to the kitchen and hear a quiet sigh... and see that she feel asleep doing her homework. She did not get to far...but, what am I to do now?
5 comments:
It is so hard to know. Are they just being stubborn, is it really too hard, are they tired (apparently, yes), are they hungry? We just do the best we can each day, while trying to help them succeed.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my sweet lil Tues! I miss her!
That's cute Jenny, I have some pics like that of Taylor. Some kids just don't like homework and will do anything to get out of it!!
So funny! I know how those days go. You want to hold your ground, but they never let up. Sometimes we are all worn out when things seem too hard. Their is a lesson in all things, right?
Here's my advice: (take it of leave it, I am the kind of person that hands out advice left and right, but I could care less whether the person uses it or not. It just irritates me when someone finally gives me advice on a problem and it works, and then a ton of people say "I could have told you that" and I think "Well then why didn't you!")
I have found some weeks I just write on the homework, "She had a bad week...there were too many tears spilt, we'll try harder next week." Then the child has whatever consequences come at school(i.e. missed recess, poor report card, etc.), and hopefully it is learned young that doing your homework is up to you not mom. (If the teacher is a softee it makes it trickier...I usually encourage my kid's teachers to give a well deserved immediate consequence for not doing homework, so they learn their lesson quickly.)
That way the teacher knows you are aware of the situation and trying. I find it is best to let the child face the consequences from the teacher than to ruin his/her relationship with me.
Post a Comment